Entertainment
Jide Kosoko Explains Why Ogogo Can’t Be Moved From Hospital
Veteran actor, Jide Kosoko, has appealed to Nigerians and fans of ailing Nollywood star, Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, to continue praying for the actor as he receives treatment in hospital.
Naija News reports that Kosoko also explained why the family had been unable to accept numerous offers from individuals seeking to provide medical, spiritual and other forms of assistance to the actor.
In a statement posted on his Instagram page on Wednesday, Kosoko thanked Ogogo’s colleagues, fans and well-wishers for the concern and support they had shown since news of his illness emerged.
According to the veteran actor, the family had received an overwhelming number of offers from people who believed they could contribute to Ogogo’s recovery.
He said the number of people who had reached out had run into hundreds, making it difficult for the family to respond to every offer or move the actor to different locations for treatment.
Kosoko stated, “We have received offers from more than 300, and even over 500 people, each sincerely believing that they have something that could help him.”
He said the major concern was Ogogo’s current condition and the difficulty of transferring him from the hospital where he was already receiving care.
The actor asked, “The challenge is simply: Where do we take him to? And how do we move him from the hospital while he is receiving care?”
Kosoko specifically appealed to individuals who had offered spiritual, traditional or specialised treatments to understand the family’s position.
He said the refusal or inability to take Ogogo to such locations should not be interpreted as a lack of appreciation or a rejection of their intentions.
He further stated, “Please, do not feel offended or disappointed if we are unable to bring Ogogo to you for spiritual assistance or treatment.”
The actor explained that moving Ogogo from the hospital to several different locations at this stage of his treatment would be extremely difficult, particularly given the number of people offering assistance.
Kosoko added, “Please understand that our inability to bring him to anyone does not mean that we do not appreciate you, nor does it mean that we doubt your intentions or your desire to help.”
The veteran actor said the enormous show of concern from people across the world had been a source of encouragement to Ogogo’s family and colleagues.
He stated, “On the contrary, we are deeply touched by the overwhelming love and concern that people across the world have shown towards him..
Rather than travelling to the actor’s hospital with offers of treatment, Kosoko encouraged well-wishers to continue supporting the family and praying for Ogogo from wherever they were.
He appealed, “Therefore, we encourage you to continue doing whatever you can from your respective locations and comfort zones. Keep praying. Keep supporting us. Keep believing with us.”
Entertainment
Burna Boy Hints At Vinicius, Jaylen Brown, Other Stars Visiting Nigeria
Real Madrid forward Vinícius Júnior and NBA star Jaylen Brown may visit Nigeria at any moment, as hinted by Nigerian Afrobeat singer Damini Ogulu, popularly known as Burna Boy.
Sharing an excerpt from a recent interview with ESPN UK, Burna Boy revealed that he and the renowned stars were part of a group chat where they discussed matters of interest.
“Now we have a 7-team. It’s me, Vini, and I don’t know if you know Jaylen Brown,” Burna Boy said.
Daily Voice reports that when asked to confirm if the Brown meant was an NBA player, the singer replied, “Yeah, that’s our Seven group chat.”
The musician noted that their recent conversation centered on bringing the two sports stars to Nigeria.
“It’s a lot of things. The last conversation we had is bringing all of them to Nigeria,” he said.
Burna Boy also discussed his football academy in Nigeria, explaining that his motivation to establish it stemmed from watching a documentary about community football in Jamaica.
He expressed his desire for the young footballers from the academy to ultimately join clubs like Manchester United.
“So I just started throwing my money at it,” Burna Boy said.
During the interview, Burna Boy also discussed his relationship with several sports stars, including former Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba and England captain Harry Kane.
According to him, he met Pogba at his 30th birthday celebration in the United States after the former French player paid him a surprise visit at his house.
Talking about his encounter with Kane, Burna Boy said they met while the singer was attending his uncle’s birthday dinner.
“We just ran into him having dinner. And, yeah, just dragged him to the party,” he said.
The singer also identified former Nigerian international Austin “Jay-Jay” Okocha as his football GOAT, saying the former Bolton Wanderers midfielder had not received enough recognition for his influence on the game.
“Obviously, Jay-Jay Okocha, and I’ll tell you why,” Burna Boy said.
“Because I feel like he hasn’t gotten the flowers that he deserves. You feel me? I feel like his name should be called in the leagues of, like, the legends’ legends.”
“I think you should even call Jay-Jay Okocha’s name before you call Ronaldinho,” he said, referring to Brazilian legend Ronaldinho among legendary football players.
Entertainment
‘I Didn’t Know The Girl Was With Him – Blaqbonez Reveals Cause Of Rift With Odumodublvck
Nigerian rapper Blaqbonez has said his long-time feud with his colleague, Odumodublvck, is linked to an intimate relationship with a girl the singer was also dating.
Daily Voice recalls that Odumodublvck had always insisted that his rift with Blaqbonez is beyond music.
Responding to Blaqbonez’s diss song in June 2025, Odumodublvck, in a post via 𝕏, said, “You want to make it about studio. Na lie. We go meet again for the street. You know the level. This is not rap beef. Na me and you for this world.”
In an interview with media personality Rufai Oseni, Blaqbonez said he was unaware that Odumodublvck was romantically involved with the girl.
He said, “Odumodu and I were with a girl at the same time, but I didn’t know she was with him too around the same time we met.
“I didn’t know that the girl was with Odumodublvck. I don’t really know at what point Odumodublvck came into the picture. She called my manager that she’s going to destroy my career.
“Odumodublvck accused me on the phone of disturbing his babe. And I’m like, how? Then I told him that I’m not disturbing your babe. We had a thing and she sent me a weird message and I just called her to know why she send me this message, but she didn’t pick my calls and I blocked her.
“We didn’t speak again. And then, we later spoke and I found out it was you. When I found out it was you, I didn’t speak with her again since then. I have avoided the girl.
“Odumodublvck sent me a message five minutes after the call that when last did I have intercourse with her. And I told him bro, I don’t know what she told you so I can’t answer this question and affect anything that you guys have.
“This is me trying to stay out of the drama. Odumodublvck now said then we’re enemies since you’re not telling me.”
Entertainment
BREAKING: Ogogo’s Daughter Speaks on Viral Death Claims
Daughter of veteran actor Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, debunked viral reports on Tuesday that the 66-year-old actor had died after being rejected by hospitals.
The false claim spread after a Facebook user alleged that Haleemah Taiwo announced her father’s death.
“Haleemah Taiwo just posted that her father, Mr. Hassan Taiwo, has passed away after being rejected by different hospitals. He is survived by his wife, children, and grandchildren. May his soul rest… He’s finally gone,” the post read.
Lima dismissed it on Instagram, “This is false!! This is false!!! THIS IS FAKE… PLEASE STOP SPREADING FAKE NEWS,” she wrote.
The clarification came less than 24 hours after Lima and her sister Kira Taiwo publicly appealed for help for their father, who is battling stage four cancer.
In an Instagram video on Monday, Lima said Ogogo’s condition had worsened and alleged that some hospitals had declined further treatment.
She said the family only discovered the severity of the illness about three weeks ago.
“We are not asking for money. We need medical assistance for our father,” Lima said, appealing to doctors, hospitals and individuals with access to cancer treatment facilities.
Gold Traders Are Watching Closely. Don’t miss the opportunity
Kira, in a separate video, said the hospital treating Ogogo informed the family it could no longer administer chemotherapy.
She urged oncologists and medical institutions that can offer treatment to contact her or Lima.
Ogogo has featured in Yoruba cinema for over three decades
-
Foreign21 hours agoTRAGEDY: Aircraft Crashes, All Passengers Dead
-
News2 days agoSad End: Nigerian Popular Pastor Is Dead, Details Emerge
-
Business2 days agoBreaking: CBN Crashes Dollar, Announces New Rates
-
Entertainment1 day agoBREAKING: Ogogo’s Daughter Speaks on Viral Death Claims
-
News1 day agoBreaking: Nigerian Gov Declares Thursday Public Holiday
-
News14 hours agoBREAKING: Tinubu Announces Fresh Top Appointment
-
News18 hours agoPAYMENT ALERT: FG Commences Second Wage Award for Civil Servants
-
News2 hours agoTension in Osun as Adeleke Survives Assassination Attempt
