Connect with us

News

BREAKING: APC Chairman Collapses, Dies

Published

on

The All Progressives Congress (APC) Chairman in Ijumu Local Government Area of Kogi State, Oyewole Mayowa Solomon, has reportedly died.

It was gathered that the APC Chairman died after slumping during a party reconciliation meeting in Iyara, the council headquarters.

According to TVC, Solomon collapsed on Friday while participating in a meeting convened by Funsho Olumoko, a former Chairman of the Ijumu Local Government Area.

The meeting was held to strengthen unity among APC stakeholders in the area ahead of the 2027 general election. Sources said Solomon suddenly collapsed while proceedings were ongoing, causing confusion among participants.

Efforts were reportedly made to revive him before he was rushed to a hospital in Kabba for medical attention. However, he was said to have died shortly after arriving at the hospital.

The reconciliation meeting came amid ongoing efforts by APC stakeholders in Ijumu to resolve internal disagreements and promote greater unity ahead of the 2027 general elections.

Earlier in August, APC stakeholders in the local government gathered in Iyara, where they endorsed President Bola Tinubu and Governor Usman Ododo for re-election.

The stakeholders also called for unity among party members. However, the earlier gathering was reportedly characterised by disagreements over the leadership of the local government, with Solomon and some other officials said to have walked out of the meeting.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

JUST IN: Tragedy as ADC Chairman Killed; Details Emerge

Published

on

Tension and grief have gripped the political community in Enugu State following the reported death of Chisimdiri Ngwu, chairman of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) in Udenu Local Government Area.

Ngwu, described as one of the longest-serving members of the ADC in the state, was reportedly found dead in the early hours of Wednesday, August 19, 2026, in circumstances believed to be suspicious.

The deceased, who hailed from Orba in Udenu Local Government Area, was reportedly strangulated, according to information gathered by The Trumpet.

A family source, who spoke, said Ngwu left his home shortly after waking up on Wednesday morning, but never returned alive.

“He woke up early in the morning on Wednesday and walked out and that was the last we heard of him,” the source said.

The source said family members became alarmed after discovering that Ngwu was missing, only to later find his lifeless body outside the compound.

“When we woke up, we didn’t see him only to discover his lifeless body in front of our compound. We saw scratches on his neck which was twisted backwards,” the source added.

The circumstances surrounding the politician’s death have heightened concerns among members of the ADC and residents of the community, with calls for a thorough investigation to unravel what led to his death.

Reports indicate that two persons have been arrested in connection with the incident, although details of their identities and the circumstances of their arrest were not immediately available.

The development has cast a pall over the ADC in Enugu State, coming at a politically sensitive period ahead of the 2027 general elections.

 

Continue Reading

News

BREAKING: Tinubu Orders Arrest, Sacks Three Top Government Officials 

Published

on

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate arrest of one George Buchi Nwabueze and the suspension of three permanent secretaries over the discovery of another fake agency operating within the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

They include M.S. Danjuma, Nadungu Gagare, and Richard P. Pheelangwah.

Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Dr Musa Aliyu, SAN disclosed this to State House correspondents on Friday after briefing the President for the second time in two days, following an earlier meeting on Thursday.

Aliyu said the newly uncovered fake office, operating under the name “National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office,” had been illegally allocated office space within the premises of the OSGF, contrary to extant laws and without presidential authorisation.

He said, “Upon further briefing by ICPC to Mr President on the ongoing investigations into the fake Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council and procedural weaknesses in the public service, the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission has uncovered another fake agency and office operating under the name National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office, which has been illegally allocated office space within the premises of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation,” Aliyu said.

He said the discovery emerged in the course of the commission’s broader investigation, as earlier directed by President Tinubu, and identified the promoter of the fake office as one Prince George Buchi Nwabueze, who was found to be operating under multiple aliases.

“The fake agency office, National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office, was promoted by one George Buchi Nwabueze, with active suspected collaborators in the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, contrary to extant laws and without authorisation of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“The promoter was discovered to also operate under four other variations of his name: George Nathan, George Nathan Nwabueze, Honourable George Buchi Nwabueze, Prince George Buchi Nwabueze and George Nwabueze,” Aliyu said.

He revealed that the ICPC had engaged the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation to ascertain vital information relating to the fake office under investigation, and had comprehensively briefed the President on the new developments.

“I have briefed Mr President comprehensively on these new developments. ICPC will continue with its investigations accordingly,” he said.

Aliyu said following the discovery, “Mr President has directed as follows: the immediate arrest of Prince George Buchi Nwabueze; the immediate suspension of the following permanent secretaries; M.S. Danjuma, Nadungu Gagare, and Richard P. Pheelangwah,” he said.

Friday’s development is the latest in a scandal that began with the exposure of the fictitious Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council, whose self-styled Director-General, Adeniyi Adeyemi Matthew, is currently facing prosecution on charges of forgery and impersonation.

The ICPC’s interim report, submitted to the President on August 6 after a 30-day investigation, had earlier disclosed the existence of two other fictitious bodies, the FCT Investment Promotion Agency and the Foreign Investment Promotion Agency and Public-Private Partnership.

The National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office is the fourth fake agency uncovered after the PFIFC scandal since early April.

Continue Reading

News

FG Declares Public Holiday Nationwide (DETAILS)

Published

on

The Federal Government has declared Tuesday, August 25, 2026, a public holiday to mark this year’s Eid ul Mawlid, commemorating the birth of the Holy Prophet Muhammad.

The Minister of Interior, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, announced the holiday on behalf of the Federal Government in a statement issued on Friday by the Permanent Secretary of the ministry, Dr Magdalene Ajani.

Tunji-Ojo congratulated Muslims in Nigeria and across the diaspora on the occasion, urging Nigerians to reflect on the values of compassion, humility and service associated with the life of the Prophet Muhammad.

“Every Eid ul Mawlid gives us reason to pause and draw lessons from a life defined by compassion, humility and service to others.

“These are qualities our nation needs now more than ever, and I encourage every Nigerian, not just our Muslim brothers and sisters, to reflect on them,”he said.

The minister also called on Nigerians to use the occasion to pray for peace and national cohesion, stressing that maintaining unity remained a collective responsibility.

He urged citizens to celebrate the occasion with restraint and mutual respect, while wishing the Muslim community a joyous and peaceful Eid.

Tunji-Ojo further reaffirmed the commitment of the present administration to protecting lives and property and ensuring the sustenance of peace across the country.

 

Continue Reading

Trending