Connect with us

News

1978 Paper Allegedly Confirms Name Tinubu Used While in School, and Other Details 

Published

on

A 1978 newspaper article has resurfaced online, reportedly confirming the name Bola Tinubu used during his time as a student at Chicago State University.

The document, published in The Sacramento Union on Sunday, 18 June 1978, was shared in October by Nigerian journalist Tolu Ogunlesi, who posted a photo of the paper and highlighted its historical significance.

“See what I came across, in The Sacramento Union newspaper of Sunday June 18, 1978,” Ogunlesi wrote

“Story’s about 12 black students of Chicago State University being given an introduction to the historically all-white business of racing—a milestone move in 1970s America.”

The article, originally written by Sharon Kornegay for the Chicago Sun-Times, detailed a pioneering initiative in which twelve black students including Bola Tinubu from Chicago State University spent over 30 hours at Maywood Park racetrack.

The programme, sponsored by the black-operated Associates Racing Association (ARA), aimed to introduce minority students to the inner workings of a traditionally exclusive industry.

“Racing is a lucrative business, but it has been a closed club that only lets certain (people) in,” said John Swain, a partner in ARA.

He explained that the seminar was designed to give students a rare glimpse into the management side of horse racing, an area historically dominated by white professionals.

Among the students quoted in the article was Bola Tinubu, identified as a Nigerian student at Chicago State University. His remarks suggested a forward-looking vision for economic development in Africa.

“BOLA TINUBU, a student [of Chicago State University] from Nigeria, said he expects to take his findings back to African businessmen as a plan for his country to make more money and create jobs for the unemployed.”

The quote has drawn attention for its potential to verify Tinubu’s academic history and the name he used during his studies in the United States. It also offers insight into his early interest in economic reform and job creation.

See the X post below:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

VIDEO: Drama As Natasha Locked Out Of Senate Office; Details Emerges

Published

on

Kogi Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan confronted Senator Titus Zam after a committee meeting at the National Assembly. The arguments escalated, leading to an alleged assault by Natasha’s aide and intervention from security operatives. Public reactions vary, with criticisms and defence emerging over Natasha’s controversial behaviour in the Senate.

Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, the senator representing Kogi Central Senatorial District, has been engaged in another dramatic confrontation with another colleague at the National Assembly. She visited the office of Titus Zam, the senator representing Benue North-West, the chairman of the Senate Committee on the North Central Development Commission (NCDC).

Sources privy to the development at the national assembly disclosed that the incident came after the budget defence of the committee, which happened earlier in the day. The meeting was scheduled for 10 am, but had ended before the arrival of the Kogi senator.

According to The Punch, Senator Natasha found out that the session had concluded when she arrived at the venue, but reportedly proceeded to the office of the committee chairman to seek clarification in the company of her legislative aides.

Eyewitnesses explained that the tension rose when Natasha was denied access to the office, which led to the heated argument involving members of staff and individuals in the Kogi senator’s entourage. During the argument, an aide to the senator was alleged to have assaulted a staff member in the committee chairman’s office, leading to the intervention of a security operative.

The situation came under control after the intervention of security operatives at the National Assembly, while details surrounding the altercation’s immediate trigger were yet to be cleared.

Nigerians react as Natasha confronts another senator

Nigerians have started reacting to the video of the incident. Below are some of their reactions:

Akorede faults Natasha:

“Why always this woman? She keeps fighting everybody as if she’s the only person or the only woman in the Senate. Kogi people should do better this coming election because I can’t imagine this shameless person representing a whole district.”

Badmus faulted the Kogi senator:

“Always in the news for the wrong reasons, as a Parliamentarian will only reduce your productivity. Aside from social media clout, you can never profit from it.”

Bravotwice Akim said the video was to tarnish the image of the Kogi senator:

“But the video shows Senator Natasha sitting most of the time…but because of already established hate against her, some are already rushing to hit their phone pads”.

Cee&See1stNews faulted the Kogi senator:

“Natasha left her office to go and fight Sen. Zam in his office. What manner of Agbero Senator is she? Another suspension loading.”

Ọlánrèwájú Ìdòwú faulted the action of the Kogi senator:

“Why is she always in a tussle with her male counterparts? This is not nice at all.” 

Continue Reading

News

JUST IN: Fresh Trouble As Court Orders Probe Of Top Tinubu’s Minister

Published

on

The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted a request by an activist, Mr. Emorioloye Owolemi, to inquire into the academic qualifications of Minister of Interior, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, according to Daily Post.

Justices Binta Nyako granted the permission while ruling in an ex-parte application brought before her by the social crusader, Owolemi.

Owolemi had approached the court seeking an order granting him permission to inquire into the Secondary School Certificate said to have been issued to the minister by the West African Examination Council, WAEC.

The activist predicated his request on the ground that there were discrepancies in the minister’s academic claims.

However, in another development, Justice Joyce Abdulmalik also of the Federal High Court in Abuja on Friday refused a similar request by the activist to inquire into the discharge certificate said to have been issued to the minister by the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC.

The activist through his lead counsel, Mr Philemon Yakubu, SAN, had argued a motion ex-parte brought pursuant to Order 34 of the Federal High Court Civil Rules 2019, and sections 1, 20 and 21 of the Freedom of Information Act , 2011, to seek for permission to inquire into the legality or otherwise of the minister’s NYSC discharge certificate.

Specifically the activist applied for an order of mandamus to compel the National Youth Service Corps to supply to him, the information he requested in his letter of November 17, 2025, regarding the discharge certificate of the Minister of Interior in the custody of the organization.

Among others, the applicant also wanted the NYSC to supply him monthly clearance records, where the minister served before his alleged abscondment, bank account details, and financial information submitted by Tunji-Ojo all through his 2006 NYSC service, and all monthly allowance payment logs, including dates, amounts, bank schedule and the account to which payments were made.

Others are official NYSC documentation detailing the date, nature and status of the minister’s alleged abscondment and all internal memos, queries, disciplinary reports or correspondences issued in relation to the alleged abscondment as well as registration, posting, deployment and service documents associated with the minister’s 2006 service year.

However, Justice Abdulmalik, after taking the argument on the ex parte application, declined to grant the request.

The judge held that the applicant did not indicate that he was acting in the public interest as required by law.

Speaking with newsmen after the court ruling, Philemon Yakubu, SAN, said that he will consult with his client to determine the next line of action.

He said that his client desires to ensure transparency, accountability and probity among the public office holders in the country.

 

Continue Reading

News

El-Rufai Reveals Who Ordered His Arrest In Trending Video

Published

on

FCT, Abuja – The former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has accused the National Security Adviser (NSA), Nuhu Ribadu, of ordering his arrest at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

Legit.ng reports that security operatives attempted to arrest El-Rufai on Thursday, February 12, 2026, upon arrival from Cairo, Egypt. The former governor claimed that Ribadu personally ordered the DSS to arrest him The chieftain of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) alleged that the NSA’s phone was tapped. He claimed that those who tapped Ribadu’s phone heard him directing security operatives to detain him.

“The NSA’s call was tapped. They do that to our calls too, and we heard him saying they should arrest me” He stated this while speaking on Friday, February 13, 2026, in an interview with Arise Television.

Reactions as El-Rufai accuses Ribadu of orering his arrest

@de_generalnoni

This is serious indictment. You mean you support a man’s phone being häcked! In saner climes- He will be picked up after this interview— He must provide that person! 

@zeesol16

They tapped the phone of the NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER, and you’re proud to say this online? If we’re a serious people, he won’t finish that interview before he’ll picked.

@abuagoody

El Rufai is very manipulative… See how he is trying to confuse the NSA Nuhu Ribadu by saying someone tapped his phone. That’s a way of diversion to turn Ribadu against his aides.

@niyiofficial

This is a very careless conversation from this El-Rufai guy, unfortunately Charles failed to make him see this. When you talk too much, chances are that you’ll run into problems. No wonder he was rejected by the Senate on security grounds. 

@Hemperorhush

El rufia needs to produce who tapped the phone of our national security adviser, this is a threat to our national security and shouldn’t be taken lightly. 

@AkpusughSughnen

They tapped phone just to hear a conversation. They are only testing the mic, their plans for online transmission of results is no joke. I now see why they were calling for only online system without manual process. We go use the two, just in case someone try to play games. 

@amusbay1

Hun! You know who tapped NSA phone number and revealed the information to you ? Serious indictment . But This man can lies for Africa! 

Continue Reading

Trending